United States, St. Louis, MO, Laundry & Home Care
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Stationary Engineer – Henkel St. Louis The Sulfonation Department manufactures surfactants via chemical processes.
- The position will be on the afternoon shift and the schedule is Monday - Thursday 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM and Sunday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
- Overtime up to 60 total hours/week is possible.
- This is a union position.
- The individual in this role will demonstrate ownership and responsibility on various result systems contributing to operational and organizational improvement.
- The result systems will consist of specific projects, accountabilities and improvement efforts that will continually evolve and change as progress is made and new opportunities arise.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Examples of result systems may include but are not limited to: Project Development & Execution Emergency Work Orders Work Order Analysis Failures Developing specific equipment expertise and mentoring others (train the trainer) Facilities OEE/MOEE Documentation (mechanical, schematics, work instructions, etc.) PM’s development & implementation Maintenance Shop 5S Scheduling Spare Parts Safety & Housekeeping Administrative Systems (coordinate daily / weekly crewing, overtime scheduling, vacation scheduling, etc.) Communication Systems (tie-in meetings, review trend analysis data, coordinate problem solving/ troubleshooting meetings)
- Other system work as required
- The role requires exceptional communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Mechanic/Stationary Engineer Expectations
- Operate, control, and regulate boiler operation
- Troubleshoot boiler and boiler auxiliary problems
- Proper preventative maintenance activities including oil and greasing of machinery, water treatment on boilers and cooling towers, and fire sprinkler system inspection and repair.
- Facility upkeep of the plant buildings, associated grounds maintenance, HVAC Systems, Fire Protection Systems and plant wide Utility Systems.
- Will also be required to support and assist the Facilities Electrician when the nature of work requires help which does not rely on extensive electrical training.
- The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with operating department personnel to identify work orders that need to be accomplished, and to plan and execute those work orders.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair plant machinery/ equipment.
- Modify existing equipment to produce new packages/product. Install new equipment
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.