PHL, Makati, Global Business Solutions+
Process Expert, Payroll (US and Canada)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
At Henkel, we promote a holistic Diversity & Inclusion approach. The diversity of our employees, their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge, creativity, and the appreciation of all their individual differences are the foundation for our competitive advantage.
As a multinational corporation, Henkel employs people from 120 nations in almost 80 countries. About 85 percent of our employees work outside of Germany, with more than half of them in emerging markets.
- Steer North America (US and Canada) payroll transition from outsource to inhouse operating model and tool migration to new system and vendor
- Serve as primary point of contact of the project team, external vendor and country Subject Matter Experts (HR and Finance); Coordinates with different teams inside and outside of the organization (Project Team, Country HR, Vendor, Finance)
- Spearhead project roll-out from initiation phase until implementation that includes gathering of business requirements, supports system configuration, user acceptance, process testing and troubleshooting; Creates and updates process documentation and process workflows
- Handle gross to net payroll processing (payroll calculation, deductions and reporting) weekly and bi-weekly; Manage the end-to-end payroll operations workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Stay current on US and Canada legislative and industry change; Does analysis of payroll prior to approvals to ensure compliance, as well as issues and escalations from employees, HR, Finance, and other stakeholders that require immediate attention
- Review, maintain, and collate employee and payroll data in a timely manner and ensuring accuracy of data; Prepare reconciliation and post-payroll reports
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in any field
- With a minimum of six (6) years of experience in handling end-to-end payroll processing of US and Canada; Experience with Garnishment and Taxation is highly preferred
- Must have Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills; With experience in handling testing and configuration of Payroll Systems (e.g. SAP SuccessFactors, Workday, Paylocity, Oracle PeopleSoft, Dayforce)
- Strong project management and documentation background is required; Should be experienced in doing firsthand transition for payroll process, preferably trained onsite for US and Canada Payroll
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills; Can work independently, with very good time management
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy is a must; Should have a proven record of excellent customer support and process improvement mindset
- Must be amenable to work on a night shift schedule, as deemed required by the business