United States, Cleveland, OH, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Ensures compliance with safety, health, environmental policies, and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Plans and implements maintenance optimization measures
- Performs technical supervision of mechanics
- Is responsible for continuous improvement
- Provides technical consulting, evaluation and troubleshooting of production equipment & processes
- Develops employees with regular trainings and briefing
- Support the implementation of the SHEQ Management System and continual improvement systems such as OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, IATF16949, and 5S
- Ensures compliance to OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Monitors and participates in maintenance of equipment and building which includes the following: inspecting projects; developing and implementing modifications and improvements; recommending specifications and scheduling for contracts; negotiating prices and inspecting contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices and standard operating procedures are followed
- Interacts professionally with Mechanics, Utility workers, Vendors, Engineering, and Manufacturing
- Maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with the management team to effectively meet departmental objectives
- Provides input into the development of the operating budget for Maintenance Department & Facilities departments; orders materials and supplies; assists in the monitoring and tracking of expenditures
- Responds to emergencies as requested; coordinates activities with other responders; directs the work of staff and utilization of resources to effect repair and ensure the safety of the facility
- Comply with all Henkel SHE standards, procedures, and requirements
- Answers questions and provides information related to projects which includes the following: resolving problems, handling complaints, and providing technical expertise in area of assignment
- Ensures that safety training is provided to staff and that proper safety practices are followed
- May perform a variety of plant maintenance tasks, depending upon experience and level of certification
- Tracks, analyzes, and improves key maintenance performance indicators (KPIs)
- Performs root cause analysis to identify performance, equipment, and management system issues
- Complete all projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Supervisor Experience Required
- 3-5 years of experience as a maintenance technician/mechanic in a manufacturing plant
- Mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, machining, electrical, and electronics skills preferred
- Strong aptitude with computer systems especially Outlook, email, spreadsheets database entry, and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to develop employees and set high standards for execution to establish a culture of excellence and "First Time Right" mentality within the maintenance department
- Proficient in researching parts to ensure minimal downtime of manufacturing equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (intermediate to advanced)
- Mechanical/Electrical troubleshooting ability
- Familiarity with PLC programming and control systems and equipment
- Reliability and PM - Preventive Maintenance experience (preferred)
- TPM - Total Preventive Maintenance experience (preferred)
- Experience with SAP maintenance systems strongly preferred
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.