Germany, Düsseldorf, Adhesive Technologies
Senior Application Engineer in Lamination and Coating (d/f/m)
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you’re up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Drive sales growth and introduction of new technologies through leading the technical execution of the Packaging strategy at selected customers overall in the EU
- Manage and lead business development projects with timeline, action execution, internal and external stakeholders in a structured and professional manner
- Drive strong communication with a clear outcome in German, English, preferred also Italian to all relevant internal and external stakeholders (from operator level up to VP level)
- Demonstrate knowledge and solution-finding and ensure highest credibility over our competition - train colleagues, customers, and external partners in products and applications, and share best practices/cross-exchange important application experience
- Manage critical situations, like claims, new product introductions, troubleshooting, or highly competitive situations to the interest of Henkel and the long term impact of the relationship to the customers
- Travel to customers or third parties, consult with product selection and process design, support adhesive/coating qualifications at Henkel's or customer's sites
- Act as a technical reference in technical discussions and foster strong and frequent exchange
- Master's degree in Science (Chemistry or Engineering)
- Min. 10 years of working experience in the coating and lamination business for flexible packaging or paper
- Strong technical expertise in the packaging industry for key applications combined with high technical knowledge in the application of lamination adhesives and coatings
- Experience in Office 365 and customer relationship management tools
- Strong communication skills, and high level of self-organization, motivation, and teamwork
- Fluent English language skills, preferably also German and Italian
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to gender, origin, culture, mindset, generation, disability, religion and sexual orientation.