United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Manufacturing Maintenance Part Time (3rd shift)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain all packaging and support equipment to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Conducts line changeovers and makes necessary set-up and adjustments as required by the production schedule.
- Perform line alteration, rebuilding as necessary.
- Repair of mechanical equipment including pumps, gear reducers, seals, bearings, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, and conveyors.
- Analyze and solve routine electrical problems of processing, packaging, and auxiliary equipment.
- Assist manufacturing personnel on process related problems.
- Perform established Preventative Maintenance. Identify and correct mechanical/electrical maintenance issues found during PM process.
- Assist Engineering on equipment installations.
- Repair and fabricate parts as required.
- Oil, lubricate, and check equipment and production lines.
- Operate forklift trucks as required to move equipment or materials.
- Assist and train team members in simple adjustments and maintenance.
- High School graduate, or equivalent.
- 5-plus years mechanic experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Completion of a mechanical or electrical apprenticeship preferred.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of electrical maintenance troubleshooting principles (AC/Dc motors, starters, contactors, three phase power, PLC’s) required.
- Ability to read blueprints, possess mechanical troubleshooting skills and production maintenance work experience.
- Provide own hand tools.
- Initiative/motivation and communication skill required.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.