United States, Culver City, CA, IO
Product Development Manager- Kenra Color
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Do you consider yourself an ‘early adopter’ of every new trend, from beauty to tech to fashion? Are you able to play with a product, research it, and then conceptualize how it should be better? Then being a Kenra Professional Product Development Manager might be the role for you. Working within a highly dedicated and passionate team, our Product Development Managers are responsible for learning the beauty market and generating insights on industry needs and trends. The successful candidate possesses a mix of analytic (market research, portfolio analysis, sales data analysis), and creative (eye for photography, beauty mindset & fashion trend identification) skills, along with lateral thinking & a hardworking outlook.
- Creative & Product Development
- Consistently inventive and able to provide out of the box solutions on concept ideas
- Bring to life innovative and impactful new products, from concept to launch and drive entire PD process
- Determine COG targets, make recommendations on pricing strategy
- Lead photo/video shoot briefs from concept to execution
- Lead product testing to ensure high quality, superior performance and unique product offering
- Peer leadership and collaboration among cross functional partners (R&D, creative, operations, legal, regulatory/ toxicology and integrative marketing)
- Develop a strong connection to the professional beauty industry with in-salon field visits, trade show attendance, etc. Market Analysis, Research & Portfolio Development
- Analyze sales data (excel) and creating insights on sales & customers data
- Understand / bring key insights from current and future market trends and dynamics
- Research category and competitive information as it relates to new product concepts
- Utilizes trend forecasting and market research databases/ tools to uncover new insights
- Bachelors required (all fields considered), Masters/MBA OR Cosmetology degree preferred
- Must have product development, brand management and/or project management experience
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and timelines with sense of urgency and accuracy • Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to convince & influence
- High level of passion, initiative, and assertiveness
- Helps other succeed – a true team player
- Strong project and financial management skills
- Passion for the beauty industry
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.