United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
QC Lab Technician - 12 Hour Nights
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Executes the operational plan of an engineering task based on engineering designs and work specifications
- Works closely with external contractors and ensures the quality of delivered services and products
- Sets up or adjusts complex equipment according to manufacturing specifications Identifies and implements opportunities of process optimization
- Perform standard quality control testing on incoming raw materials, semi-finished goods, and finished goods according to defined specifications
- Calculate and report test results
- Record test data into SAP
- Maintain retain samples
- Maintain lab equipment in proper working order and perform equipment calibrations.
- Review, write and ensure the accuracy of QC methods
- Evaluate the root cause for out of spec product and provide corrective actions as needed.
- Complete and control the required quality records and/or documents as directed by the department standard operating procedures
- Update and maintain Quality records
- Comply with all Safety, Health, and Environmental rules, procedures and regulations
- Complete all assignments and responsibilities entailing the 5S of the Quality Department and any assigned projects by supervisor or manager
- Prefer 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing Quality Control testing environment
- Associates degree required, BS in chemistry preferred
- Technically adept in wet chemistry, analytical methods, and sophisticated technologies
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills in laboratory testing and equipment
- Proficient with GC, HPLC, AA, FTIR, and Titrators
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to follow through on responsibilities and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team to achieve all goals set forth in the department.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, SAP, and various databases.
- Understanding of ISO, IATF, and ITAR regulations
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion
- Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required standards
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.