China, Shanghai, Adhesive Technologies
Strategy Manager - APAC
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
At Henkel, we promote a holistic Diversity & Inclusion approach. The diversity of our employees, their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge, creativity, and the appreciation of all their individual differences are the foundation for our competitive advantage. As a multinational corporation, Henkel employs people from 120 nations in almost 80 countries. About 85 percent of our employees work outside of Germany, with more than half of them in emerging markets.
- The Adhesive Marketing and Strategy Group is a division within Henkel that is responsible for 1) developing / facilitating the execution of Adhesives strategic agenda and 2) systematically developing top talents regionally and globally. It is a global set up with the Global Teams leading five focus areas, and three Regional Strategy Groups based in Shanghai (APAC, short for AMA), Dubai (IMEA), Sao Paolo (LATAM).
- We offer a unique platform to accelerate the development of both internal and external candidates for key strategic positions. Team members normally spend 2-3 years in the program to work on identifying and delivering impactful projects while developing their leadership skills and career path within Henkel. The projects are typically cross-SBU/function and a mix of country, regional and global initiatives.
Strategy Manager - APAC will have opportunities to:
- Lead a work stream (potentially project team) on a series of high-profile projects within the APAC region. Projects will relate to strategic agenda such as growth strategies, go-to-market, commercial excellence and M&A / divestments
- Gain exposure to Senior Management, SBUs and Functions
- Learn about the overall Adhesive business and chart future career pathway in Henkel
- Participate in tailored coaching and training programs, and exchange with other Strategy Offices to accelerate development of strategic planning and leadership skills
Typical projects include:
- Identify & design projects w/ significant upside opportunity strategies for region, within current markets and new markets
- Partner with SBUs to sharpen strategies and drive change agenda
- Participate and roll out global strategic initiatives to APAC
- Bachelor degree & above in Management / Engineering / Science; MBA Preferred
- 5 yrs+ total working experience with 2 yrs+ in management consulting or in-house strategy; industrial/B2B experience required; sales & marketing experience will be a plus
- Solid problem solving skill: fact based, logical and structured
- Soft skills: mature and independent, proven stakeholder management skills/sense, strong ownership and drive
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English (both verbal and writing)