United States, Bay Point, CA, Adhesive Technologies
Packager 1 - copy
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Pre-stage bulk intermediates, precisely fill containers, quality inspect made-to-stock / made-to-order packaging configurations according to customer requirements.
- Count, weigh, measure, and quality sample according to prescribed packaging order instructions.
- Process and verify scheduled packaging orders to include:
- Pulling Correct Bulk Intermediates
- Pulling Correct Batch Number(s)
- Pulling Correct Quantities
- Handling paperwork involved in packaging orders
- Effectively resolve discrepancies
- Impound materials without proper labeling
- Meet weekly production schedule
- Coordinate with Planning Department to ensure accurate labeling requirements
- Follow proper material storage and handling requirements, and ensure disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- Must be able to keep on schedule with minimal supervision, while adjusting to unexpected or unpredicted schedule changes/demand.
- Take proactive steps to maintain/adjust production schedule in lieu of non-receipt of bulk items, shortages in containers, packaging supplies and may be called upon to notify internal departments to resolve discrepancies real time.
- This position requires the ability to perform physical labor throughout the entire shift, as needed.
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 pounds and safely manipulate packaged material weighing up to 650 pounds.
- Able to work in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Able to work with and around hazardous materials, chemicals, and equipment.
- Will be working in the presence of environmental conditions such as fumes, dust, heights, chemicals, odors and noise.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Able to wear safety glasses with side shield design.
- Must apply personal protective equipment including particulate hearing protection and frequent change of latex and/or heavy rubber gloves.
- Walk/Stand approximately 90% of the time.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore,Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talentfor specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not precludethe employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.