Production Manager (PVC, SBA, MPT, WWTP)
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If youâ€™re up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures of Henkel are followed, also ensuring the Legal requirements of South African Law is upheld. This includes accident reporting, investigation, root cause analysis, corrective action implementation and follow up.
- Drive improvements in safety, quality, service, productivity and housekeeping. (OEE/OLE/TEEP).
- Maintain a presence on the shop floor and keep open communication with all employees to ensure a constant exchange of ideas, concerns and information.
- Monitor manufacturing performance in real time and post mortem. Adjust production in a timely manner to improve performance.
- Communicate daily with planning to maximize Henkel's ability to service the customer while optimizing labour efficiency. This includes managing work levels, staffing and minimization of overtime.
- Drive the continuous improvement program to full depth of integration as well as A3 problem solving process.
- Lead, inspire and empower employees to transform the organization to Lean through constant waste elimination and pursuit of perfection using the tools rolled out by the management team.
- Train, develop and cross-train employees to their full potential. Execute thorough, fair and honest performance evaluations and personnel improvement plans.
- Process Order Variances are Managed, Reviewed, and rectified (Requesting BOM Changes) and controlled.
- Perform and Control Stock Counts on a regular Basis ensuring all RCA are done and Preventative action is taken to prevent Stock Losses and or Variances.
- University degree in Chemical Engineering
- General Production Management experience.
- Must possess expertise in the areas of Hazmat, Emergency Response, OSH requirements, ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Able to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Demonstrates leadership, problem solving and conflict management skills (horizontal and vertical).
- Demonstrates a professional, team-player attitude toward work and co-workers.
- Must be able to embrace/drive change.
- Computer literate including proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office programs.
- Team leadership experience on Production/Manufacturing management held with international companies Process Management and Improvement
- LEAN Principles Implementation
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We look for a diverse team of individuals who possess different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and mindsets.