United States, Culver City, CA, Beauty Care
Category Development Manager - Regional
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Manage regionally based Sales Category, Marketing and Business Development functions and activities. Role plays critical function in the delivery of commercial excellence, spanning the entirety of the Henkel Beauty Care Professional portfolio. This is achieved through driving strong analytics and building a diverse matrix network of relationships, across the HBCP NA businesses as well as the Retail BU and Henkel globally, in order to deliver resources/expertise locally and influence direction of total organization. Paramount, is being able to understand the holistic brand/sub-brand and sku portfolio and the DNA associated with each.
Position requires being adept at handling complex strategic issues, with an ability to see the larger picture, develop own vision and drive organizational change towards it. Simultaneously, balancing and delivering the operational demands of the role, towards both brands and customers must be maintained.
- Lead Category Management practices across organization.
- Support in Delivering HBCP NES, GP1% and EBIT targets for North American region.
- Develop and steer the BSG CRM partnership, to drive insights and activations.
- Lead the expansion of Data and Analytics capabilities and tools.
- Support creation of Sales and Channel strategy with growth opportunity identification.
- Provide capacity for any cross-branded initiatives, to leverage scale of portfolio opportunities.
- Support T2T agenda with top customers and any customer issues where a 'Henkel face' or communication towards customer is required.
- Provide linkage between Global Sales/SBU to region
- Ad hoc projects/Special Projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business Administration, MBA Preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience in relevant roles/strategic thinking and planning
- Proven ability to take initiative, identify key business needs, and recommend solutions
- Strong teamwork ability, operating successfully within cross-functions/cross-brand in managing multiple projects
- Must be able to communicate well, translating complex ideas into presentable information
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience/understanding of Marketing and Innovation levers
- Proven ability to learn new software and tools to improve effectiveness and efficiency in achievement of key responsibilities
- Experience with external market research providers and methodologies.
- Exposure to and execution of commercial selling techniques is a plus
- Experience working with customer specific POS data systems is a plus
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.