At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Design, develop, execute, and support on-time commercialization of new adhesive formulations and products.
- Conceive innovative routes in new product development. Employ sound experimental designs to effectively develop new materials for electronic applications.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on research projects for internal teams, management, customers, and technical conferences.
- Directly interact and communicate with external customers and respond to customer requests in timely fashion.
- Effectively work in cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management, application engineering, process engineering, marketing, and sales.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Understand state-of-art technology advancement and apply it to product development.
- Generate new intellectual properties.
- Actively search for new ideas and technology from within or outside.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Recognize sources of problems; absorb new information easily; expose gaps in logic and contradictions; develop effective solutions to technical roadblocks.
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes.
- Acts as responsible for new research, IP, publications, technology roadmap.
- Secures IP position in own area of development.
- Master’s or PhD degree Required - focus in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Sciences, Materials Science, or in any other related scientific areas (preferred).
- Evidence of scientific productivity through high impact peer review publications
- 0-10 Years Industrial Experience in Adhesives or Polymer Science-Related Role, 5-15 Years Preferred.
- Knowledge of structure-property relationship of materials and analytical and materials characterization techniques (DMA, TMA, DSC, TGA, SEM, HPLC, GC-MS, FTIR, ICP-MS, GPC, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership ability and collaboration within teams in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace (previous internship/co-op experience is a plus)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
The salary for this role is $71,000.00 - $84,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.