United States, Louisville, KY, Adhesive Technologies
Manager Logistics Dangerous Good's
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Manage and maintain transport classifications at the finished good level in SAP and ensure shipping documentation correctly reflects the shipping requirements for each material
- Develop/provide/oversee training for all Henkel shippers according to all federal regulations
- Manage the hazardous material sample shipment process (ZAMU) in NA
- Manage the “Hazmat Help” group email for questions from sites about shipping dangerous goods
- Prepare all A NA sites for federal inspections (FAA, etc.) and lead the sites thru those inspections with an objective of ensuring compliance
- Communicate and adhere to all Corporate Standards and applicable Alert Letters
- Lead a team of compliance analysts to ensure that Henkel shipments meet all legal obligations
- Provide vision to team for taking compliance to a more strategic level
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities and generate metrics to define “success” within the team
- Develop and maintain processes for DG training and document in HIMDOC
- Develop team members to meet their career goals and objectives
- This can be a remote or hybrid position
- Requires 30% travel to other Henkel locations
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business preferred
- 10+ years of Logistics or Supply Chain experience required
- Proven experience with DOT and IATA regulations
- Strong experience with all modes of transportation and the applicable DG regulations
- Travel as necessary
- Must be a results’ oriented and self-directed worker with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Work extended hours as necessary to support shipping activities across different time zones
- Handle a high volume of work with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), SAP experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be professional, have high attention to detail, and have a high desire to succeed
- Must be able to influence others with/without authority to drive proper actions at the shipper level of all sites
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular