Germany, Düsseldorf, DX
(Senior) Data Scientist (d/f/m)
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Solve complex business problems with data in the realm of manufacturing and R&D. Use data scientific tools to find solutions for challenges in the realm of both big and small data. Take pride in delivering insight and value from data to the organization
- Be part of a team of data scientists embedded in our Data Science Center of Excellence. Advance the team with your expertise and extend and deepen your knowledge by strong collaboration within the team and within cross-functional teams
- Work in close collaboration with our Data Science Engineering team using agile methods to deliver high quality data products at a fast pace. Driven by the market, we test and learn, we build fast – in weeks, not months – and are always ready to adapt
- Actively participate in cross-functional project teams in the execution of our data and analytics strategy. Live a culture of constant learning, integrity, and mutual responsibility. Be passionate about exploring emerging technologies and leveraging their full potential
- Establish yourself as a Data Science ambassador (d/f/m) across business units and functions. Every day, without exception, we think and live business, customer and consumer first. Our passion is to create high impact and value through data and analytics. We believe in the power of data science
- Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, (computer) science, computational finance); PhD is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a data science or advanced analytics environment in industry. Experience in the chemical and consumer goods industry is a plus
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in at least one of the following data science areas: optimization, Bayesian statistics, time-series analysis, supervised or unsupervised machine learning, neural networks/deep learning
- Excellent coding knowledge in scripting languages (e.g. Python, R) and data processing frameworks (e.g. SQL, Spark, Hive)
- High confidence in handling structured and unstructured data in cloud ecosystems (e.g. Azure tool stack). Experience in data preparation, data modeling, analysis, and visualization. Experience with sensor and IoT data is a plus
- Proven track record in delivering data science products from prototype to deployment
- Experience in working within teams and using technology to enable efficient team-work (e.g. Scrum/Kanban boards, code repositories, MLOps). Eagerness to work in cross-functional teams, including technical (e.g. Data Engineering/DevOps Engineering) and business functions. Experience working with manufacturing and R&D teams is a plus
- Strong experience in communicating results to a non-technical audience via data visualization and data story telling. High confidence in both verbal and written communication
- Strong skills in solving complex problems. Ability to structure and reduce complexity. Ability to transition from bird-eye-view to detailed view and back. Eagerness to take ownership of challenges
- Strong business acumen and eagerness to consult and drive data literacy within the company. Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to translate them into relevant data science tasks
- Fluent in English; German language skill is a plus
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to gender, origin, culture, mindset, generation, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.