At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
Job Purpose: The Process Safety Engineer facilitates Process Safety risk management by coaching and supporting line management and shop floor staff to identify, analyze and evaluate process safety, health and environmental risks, implement process safety engineering toolbox guidelines and corrective actions within the NA sites. Provides process safety leadership, expertise & guidance to operations while ensuring key stakeholders are fully involved such that the resulting risk controls & programs are owned by the “end users.” Carry outs process safety internal audits and oversees corrective actions to drive continuous improvements regarding Process Safety within the region.
- Audit key elements of process safety to ensure processes are being followed and are working as intended.
- Ensure that the Process Safety Engineering Toolbox guidelines of Henkel are implemented in totality across the region & followed in day-to-day operations.
- Carry out Process Safety risk assessments, right from conceptual stage and up through post operational phase on new and existing processes.
- Impart training on Process Safety risk assessments, work-place risk assessments, job safety analysis throughout sites within the NA region.
Carry out incident investigations and apply root cause methodologies to identify the relevant preventative & corrective actions.
- Focus on the SHE Critical 8: Machine Guarding, Extraction & Ventilation, Risk Assessments, Man Vehicle Interfaces, Chemical Handling, Sustainability Monitoring Systems, PTW Systems & Flammable Handling.
- Monitor, identify process safety gaps, develop action plans and report on SHE objectives and targets, facility implementation of Global SHE and Regional SHE directives, analyze SHE data, carry out trend analysis, prepare and submit monthly SHE performance reporting documentation to ensure 100% legal compliance.
- Ensure proper application of MOC and appropriate hazard analysis and risk assessments are performed on changes.
- All Hygiene Survey Schedules are adhered to, in place and any gaps addressed in a timely manner. Identify exposure tests required and advising operations management regarding precautionary measures & personal protective equipment (PPE) required.
- Henkel Permit to work procedures are in place and regularly revised and audited.
Assist NA sites in formulating emergency response procedures for process safety related incidents and their deployment. Ensures procedures comply with local laws & helps conduct / organize periodic emergency mock drills.
- Confirm proper resolution and closure of recommendations from process safety studies, audits and incident investigations.
- Help prioritize actions to eliminate/mitigate process safety risks.
- Participate in the process safety engineering aspects of key investment projects. Ensure that projects fully address process safety in-design and satisfy process safety requirements.
- Assist and conduct Job Safety Assessments (JSA) as needed.
- Monitor additions and changes to codes and standards applicable to company operations.
- Drive and Ownership to STOP all Actions that may lead to an unsafe environment or Accident.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of Process Safety Management Systems
- Develop and maintain contacts with industry to remain abreast of Industry Best Practices.
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time required.