United States, Nashville, TN, Adhesive Technologies
Buyer / Purchasing - Hybrid
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Must be able to commute to our Nashville, TN location 3 days a week.
- Responsibility and accountability to buy, manage, expedite, plan, negotiate and process assigned materials in support of select clients of Henkel Chemical Management.
- Buyer will not only serve in a purchasing role but will also support directly or indirectly the customer and/or customer site through verbal and written communication.
- The buyer will also be responsible to help meet any of the assigned or required goals of cost reduction targets, quality, on time delivery, customer satisfaction, and related aspects.
- Buyer will be responsible to resolve invoice or purchase order discrepancies and to ensure proper confirmation and verification of orders.
- Bachelors degree with 2 years minimum purchasing / logistics and/or customer service experience in a business / manufacturing setting or equivalent years of job experience/education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Strong computer abilities, to work with ERP system,
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Detail oriented and focused to complete tasks.
- Understanding of manufacturing and/or chemicals used in manufacturing, is a plus
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular