United States, Asheville, NC, United States, Charlotte, NC, United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Sr. Production Planner / Scheduler
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Responsible for production planning of specified production areas.
- Understand and effectively use SAP and additional system tools to manage the material requirements plan to create and maintain valid production schedules.
- Work closely with Procurement, Operations, and Quality to ensure timely receipt, release, and consumption of materials.
- Monitor and optimize inventory levels to achieve customer serviceability while meeting financial objectives.
- Clearly communicate production schedule, priorities, and customer order delays to appropriate departments.
- Support plant inventory reduction efforts through review of safety stock levels, OSMI inventory, and blocked stock inventory.
- Work proactively to optimize Supply Chain operations through creative solutions acting alone and/or on teams.
- Understand and request changes in bills of materials, master recipes, and material master data using MRP in SAP.
- Drive operational excellence and provide Supply Chain expertise to other functional areas.
- Run reports as required to support role function.
- Attend, present, and actively participate in meetings.
- Prefers a BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, or Operations Management. Will consider previous work history and experience in lieu of degree.
- Prefer previous SAP experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- APICS Certification Preferred
- Must be organized, possess time management skills, and the ability to manage changing priorities.
- Must be motivated and able to operate independently with some direction from management.
- Ability to continuously work in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Frequently sit, view a computer screen, and type on a keyboard for extended periods of times.
- Verbally communicate one-on-one and in front of groups.
- Occasionally may be required to reach, squat, bend and lift up to 25 lbs.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular