United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Coating Application Chemist
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Develop methods and process for efficiently applying liquid coatings to 3 dimensional parts
- Lead product sampling efforts (coating customer parts and providing liquid sampling) for the Product Development team
- Identify and interface with industrial partners to strengthen application abilities of new coating technologies
- Work with the innovation project team to define project requirements, update prototype evaluation and finalize product formulation
- Serve as a technical resource for external customers, sales, marketing, and operations
- Maintain up-to-date technical expertise and a high-profile involvement with important industry technical associations
- B.S. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in the polymer and coatings field, with a background in coatings application
- Experienced in various applications techniques used in industrial coating processes (spray or ink jet preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, process product developer with willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular