Internship location: Madison Heights, MI
Are you a highly motivated, innovative student looking to gain career-building experience in chemistry and make an impact at a leading global organization?
If yes, you could be a great fit for Henkel’s Spring 2023 Undergraduate Chemistry & Material Science Internships.
As a Henkel Intern, you will play an integral part of our team, while gaining real-world experience and a comprehensive understanding of various chemistry functions within a global organization. Based on your interests and skillset, we have a variety of internship opportunities in product development, R&D, technical customer service and more. Your internship could include:
- Joining a product development team tasked with designing a product that will meet a variety of performance, cost, safety, and feasibility requirements
- Working in the lab to create samples and test procedures
- Partnering with cross-functional teams (analytical, packaging, process development, etc.) during the entire product development cycle from ideation to implementation
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the role formulations plays in the development of products in the consumer-packaged goods industry
To be successful in this internship, we are looking for:
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in at least their sophomore pursuing a degree in Chemistry or related discipline with a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Availability: ability to work part-time onsite during the Spring 2023 semester
- Analytical skills: gather and analyze data, and develop fact-based recommendations resulting from the analysis
- Communication skills: collaborative team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude
- Project management skills: strong work ethic and ability to meet project deadlines
- Laboratory and research skills: compliance with all safety regulations, sound lab technique and good record keeping
Ready to take the next step?
We are excited you are taking the first step to craft your career at Henkel. Please submit your application and indicate your preferred Henkel location at which you would like to intern.
Henkel will be reviewing and interviewing candidates for our 2022 Spring Internships on a rolling basis from September 2022 to November 2022 with our target to have offers extended by November 30th, 2022. A recruiter will reach out to you during this window if your background, interests and skillset match a specific internship role with Henkel.
Please indicate your preferred internship site location(s) from the lists below when prompted on your application.
Site location: Madison Heights, MI
We are proud to be one of Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity! Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.