United States, Elkhart, IN, Adhesive Technologies
Sales Engineer-Surface Treatment
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Sales Engineer will work remote while and manage an existing customer base in excess of $2.1MM and focus on growing sales of functional coatings/surface treatment at select OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing) accounts within the territory (Elkhart, IN; Western MI and surrounding areas).
- Develop relationships with all levels of the designated OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing) account infrastructure.
- Gain specific knowledge of all aspects of the customer's business (e.g. business objectives, strategies, product development plan, applications, service expectations).
- Define and prepare sales proposals and maximize volume and revenue in assigned key accounts by utilizing value added selling methods.
- Prospect for new business.
- Demonstrate a consistent flow of highly qualified new application opportunities
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a technical or business field.
- 3-5 years of industrial or business to business sales experience, technical background preferred.
- Surface treatment industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Self-starter, who can utilize Henkel’s resources to maximize opportunities within the territory.
- The ideal candidate will possess value-added selling experience.
- Time and project management skills required, experience managing complex sales cycles preferred.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and pricing agreements.
- Travel up to 40%
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular