United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Product Development Scientist (Metal Pretreatment)
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Seeking a Research Scientist to develop innovative surface-treatment products for Henkel customers within the Metal Packaging and Metal Coil markets.
- Conduct research and development in cleaners, conversion coatings, and functional coatings for metal substrates.
- Discover new surface chemistry that meets future market needs.
- Ability to take discoveries from the laboratory to final products.
- Write and present technical reports to customers, trade associations, technical service personnel, and company management.
- Maintain up-to-date technical expertise and a high-profile involvement with relevant industry technical associations.
- Serve as surface treatment technical contact for external customers, sales, marketing, and operations.
- Supervise day-to-day work of laboratory technician(s)
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, is required.
- 3+ years of industrial research and development is required.
- Experience with conversion coatings and/or functional coatings for metals is preferred but not required.
- Goal-oriented, new technology/product developer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10%.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular