United States, Mentor, OH, Adhesive Technologies
Maintenance Mechanic 3rd Shift
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, regular maintenance and preventative maintenance of plant equipment and facilities.
- Executes corrective, preventive, and improvement work orders as assigned.
- Independently completes routine equipment/facility repairs.
- Operates tools necessary to perform assigned tasks, such as but not limited to drills, drill press, band saw, welding jigs, bench grinder in a safe and effective manner.
- Operates material handling equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, such as but not limited to pallet jack, lift trucks, material lifts and sky jack in a safe and effective manner.
- Prepares lists and execute ordering of parts.
- Suggests cost reduction actions.
- Assists in maintaining accurate/appropriate quantity of spare parts inventory for ongoing PM’s and repairs.
- High school graduate or GED
- Completion of any relevant maintenance training requirements.
- Completion of operations and safety training matrix and schedule.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Able to understand and perform basic math.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Able to work on ladders/lift cages/skyjack.
- Documented mechanical or electrical/electronics skills training for minor repairs to manufacturing systems
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular