United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Sr SHE Manager
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Set strategic vision to drive world class SHE performance and an effective safety-based culture
- Ensure compliance with safety, health and environmental regulations and Henkel standards
- Provide expertise in incident investigations and identification of corrective actions
- Acts as a member of site leadership team
- Develop and deploy SHE best practices Lead and manage all aspects of an effective site SHE team
- Drives SHE strategy and targets in area of responsibility and uses appropriate reporting tools Reports monthly on SHEQ KPI status
- Defines and executes standards and procedures in collaboration with affected functional area
- Ensures continual improvement in all relevant SHE fields and Supports Global Audit Management for Salisbury, NC site
- Supervises legal compliance matters, follow-up of development in legal matters and regulatory affairs
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Health or Environmental Engineering or related field
- Certified Safety Professional, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Minimum 7 years' experience with 3-5 years' experience in a SHE role in a chemical manufacturing setting
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Strong convincing and influencing skills
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular