United States, Bentonville, AR, Laundry & Home Care
Sam's Club Category Advisor
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Sam’s Club Category Advisor is responsible for supporting Sam’s Club Merchants in the development and identification of growth opportunities and business analyses for designated categories.
- The Sam’s Club Advisor is responsible for creating Club-specific planograms/modular, adhering to relay timelines, developing category growth strategies, and creating Shopper/Category Insights tools to complete in-depth ad hoc and custom analyses.
- The Sam’s Club Advisor must possess and consistently demonstrate an analytic aptitude, a high degree of proactiveness, strategic thinking, attention to detail, expert time management, and operate with the highest level of integrity.
- Partner with the Sam’s Club Merchandising team to identify category growth opportunities through assortment and aisle flow/adjacencies
- Provide objective, actionable reporting, ad hoc analytics and insights support for the Sam’s Club Category, occasionally conducting custom research to drive a deeper understanding of Member behaviors
- Create best-in-class reporting by leveraging multiple tools (Madrid, IRI, Numerator, etc.)
- Proactively anticipate merchant needs, thereby driving actionable, data-driven recommendations
- Lead the modular relay process, adhering to Sam’s Club timelines
- Synthesize insights and recommendations into clear and impactful stories
- Manage Sam’s Club Advisor Analyst, inclusive of daily priorities, training, and development
- Bachelor of Science [Business preferred] and 5+ years of Category Management experience within the consumer products industry. Category Advisor experience a plus
- Proficient in Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and exploit syndicated and custom data
- Ability to take initiative to identify issues and bring opinions and recommendations
- Ability to learn new software and tools to improve efficiency in achievement of key responsibilities
- Proficiency with syndicated scan and household panel data (IRI, Nielsen, Madrid)
- Proficiency using Space Management applications (Apollo, Spaceman, JDA Space Planning)
- Shiloh experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- The ability to effectively manage time, prioritizing multiple tasks with tight timelines
- Interest in growing professionally in roles of increasing responsibility within Category Management or other Henkel functions
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular