At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
Job Summary: A Quality Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving Henkel's quality systems. The quality engineer is responsible for assisting in the management of customer specification reviews, customer requirement reviews, customer complaints, corrective actions, maintaining & creating quality procedures, mathematical analysis, capability analysis, statistical process and quality control, document control approvals, internal and customer quality audits. Additionally, the quality engineer may be involved in raw material changes, product development, ADP qualification process, supplier quality assurance and the initiation and control of changes to customer process control.
• Manage material specifications and customer requirements for assigned products and processes.
• Support management of change, MOC, including processing customer requirements review.
• Support PPAP process for assigned products.
• Support the set-up and maintenance of quality master data.
• Facilitate problem solving teams to resolve customer complaints and internal nonconformances.
• Support the development of product special characteristics identification and capability analysis in the production environment.
• Drive actions related to production quality concerns including determining root cause and corrective actions related to audit findings, process deviations, out of trend analysis and out of specification analysis.
• Use process and data driven analysis to improve quality and customer satisfaction.
• Operate and maintain information in the assigned technical and quality databases, successfully achieving the objectives for the assignment.
• Lead others, including delegation of activities, to successfully complete projects and investigations.
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Engineering or Chemistry preferred).
• 2+ years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment, aerospace, automotive, electronics or closely related industry.
• Understanding of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
• Strong problem solver using 8D, A3 and root cause problem solving methodology.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficient in use of SAP, with knowledge of the Quality Module.
• Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to lead and coordinate efforts between various functional groups to address customer requirements and requests, and to complete projects related to the achievement of established quality improvement objectives.
• Willing to spend time on the manufacturing floor gaining knowledge as well as developing solutions with input from operators.
• Ability to work in a team environment and work on multiple projects.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies and members of the business community. Ability to write technical and customer specific reports that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management as well as operations personnel.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract variables.
The salary for this role is $65,000.00 - $75,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.