Singers have crooned about it, movies have dramatized it, studies have researched it. Now, just-released national survey results document the challenges we have expressing our heart-felt emotions and telling those we care about how we really feel. And no time period highlights this emotional challenge more than the 25 days between today, National Hug Day, and Valentine’s Day on February 14.
Jan 21, 2016 Wilton, Connecticut
Snuggle® Encourages Everyone to Bear Their Hearts This Valentine’s Season
A new national survey conducted by Harris Poll on behalf of Snuggle in January 2016 underscores the struggles people face “bearing” their hearts. Top findings include:
- Four in five people (80%) would appreciate a loved one showing them heart-felt emotion on Valentine’s Day.
- A significant proportion of people (37%) admit to being challenged when it comes to expressing heart-felt emotion to those they care about. And for men, the number is even higher at 41%, compared with women at 33%.
- Surprisingly, one in ten (10%) would rather go to the dentist than talk about how they really feel.
- Half (50%) say writing it down is an easier way to express themselves than saying it.
To help the tongue-tied and closet romantics out there, Snuggle Bear, the iconic embodiment of all things snuggly and soft, is here to help people express their feelings this Valentine’s season with the #BearYourHeart campaign. This integrated promotional, social media and consumer engagement campaign offers digital Love Notes and Snuggle LOVEmojis to show those we care about how we really feel. In addition, Snuggle Bear will invite New Yorkers to bear their hearts in a rare appearance right before Valentine’s Day.
As one of the fastest growing brands in the fabric conditioning category, Snuggle softens both hearts and laundry. “Snuggle and Valentine’s Day are the perfect match because both bring out the softer side of us all,” said Bibie Wu, Vice President of Marketing, Snuggle. “This Valentine’s Day, we’re spreading Snuggle’s message of making the world a softer place by providing people creative ways to share their heart-felt emotions with friends and loved ones.”
Starting today on National Hug Day and continuing through Valentine’s Day, the #BearYourHeart campaign will give people the opportunity to express themselves to those they love through Love Notes, Snuggle LOVEmojis, and other engaging tools and tips.
- Simply visit www.snugglebearyourheart.com to access all of the #BearYourHeart tools.
- You can also find Snuggle LOVEmojis in the Apple and Android app stores for free.
To celebrate the campaign, New Yorkers are invited to visit the Snuggle Bear Den on February 11 at the Flatiron Plaza by Madison Square Park. Snuggle will warm up The Big Apple with a full day of #BearYourHeart activities:
- Snuggle Bear will be on hand to meet and take pictures with guests and encourage them to bear their hearts.
- Guests can write a Love Note to someone special, take a picture, and watch it become part of a beautiful mosaic with thousands of other Love Notes which will be displayed on a massive digital screen.
- Guests can receive a plush Snuggle Bear of their own and get a chance to win the ultimate Valentine’s experience package.
- Everyone can follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or go to www.snugglebearyourheart.com to join in the fun if you are not in New York.
Snuggle has been making the world a softer place for over 30 years. This year, in addition to softening hearts during Valentine’s season, Snuggle is launching innovative new products to help people snuggle up even more. Draw people close with the exhilarating scent of Snuggle’s new Cherry Blossom collection and help eliminate tough odor with new Snuggle Plus Superfresh liquid fabric softener.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Poll on behalf of Current Lifestyle (an agency of The Sun Products Corporation) from January 14-18, 2016 among 2,059 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Imani Rodman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a leader in the fabric conditioning category for more than 30 years, Snuggle® has provided the ultimate in Snuggly Softness® and long-lasting freshness to loads of laundry. Recognized by its iconic Snuggle Bear, which was created by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop, birthplace of The Muppets and Sesame Street puppets, Snuggle offers a variety of high-quality fabric conditioning products, including liquid softeners, dryer sheets, and scent boosters. Snuggle is manufactured by The Sun Products Corporation and is available at major retailers including most food, drug, mass, club and dollar stores. For more information, visit www.snuggle.com or www.facebook.com/snuggle.
About The Sun Products Corporation
The Sun Products Corporation, headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut, is a leading North American provider of laundry detergent, fabric softeners and other household products. With annual net sales of approximately $1.6 billion, the Company’s portfolio of products are sold under well-known brands that include all®, Snuggle®, Wisk®, Sun®, Surf®, and Sunlight®. In addition, Sun Products is the manufacturing partner for many retailer brand laundry and dish products in North America. For more information visit: www.sunproductscorp.com.