1. I knew Henkel through my academic research and was interested by the adhesive technology and science behind;
2. Through the interview process, I felt the encouraging vibe of the company, and was attracted by the overall nature of the employees.
How was your first experience? What was impressing/exciting/surprising?
There are roughly 650 people working in Inspiration Center Düsseldorf (ICD), and people are so well connected to each other, which surprised me the most. It is also exciting that you are given so many opportunities to explore according to your interests, and career paths are so dynamic.
What do you like most about your job and your team? What is special?
Open-minded and accepting people. Easy-going atmosphere in the entire ICD. The fact that you always meet remarkably interesting and friendly people and can connect with them so easily. Knowledge exchanges are our norm, and you can always get inspired by different perspectives.
What would be an advice you would give to a young graduate starting in R&D in Henkel?
- Stay open-minded and get out of your own shell...then you learn and grow without limiting yourself
- Do not be afraid to make a first step forwards...things will get easier and better
- Learn from every single person around you...anyone can be your teacher