Henkel operates globally with a well-balanced and diversified portfolio. The company holds leading positions with its three business units in both industrial and consumer businesses thanks to strong brands, innovations and technologies. Founded in 1876, Henkel looks back on more than 140 years of success. Henkel’s preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX. The DAX-40 company has its headquarters in Düsseldorf, Germany. Henkel employs about 53,000 people worldwide, around 85 percent of whom work outside of Germany. As a recognized leader in sustainability, Henkel holds top positions in many international ratings and rankings.
In the fiscal year 2020, the company reported sales of 19.3 billion euros and an operating profit of 2.6 billion euros (adjusted for one-time gains/charges and restructuring charges).
Three globally operating business units
Our company purpose expresses what unites us all at Henkel: Pioneers at heart for the good of generations. We are a diverse team of about 53,000 colleagues worldwide, striving to enrich and improve life every day through our products, services, and solutions. Our Purpose is built from our roots and carries a long-standing legacy of innovation, responsibility, and sustainability into the future. Our shared values and Leadership Commitments guide our decisions and actions every day.
At Henkel, we shape our future guided by a long-term strategic framework based on our purpose and our values.
This framework will help us to win the 20s for Henkel with a clear focus on purposeful growth. This means creating superior customer and consumer value to outgrow our markets, reinforcing our leadership in sustainability and enabling our employees to grow, professionally and personally, through their work at Henkel.
The main elements of our strategic framework are a winning portfolio, competitive edge in the areas of innovation, sustainability and digital as well as future-ready operating models, underpinned by a strong foundation of a collaborative culture and empowered people.
For more information on the strategic framework go to https://www.henkel.com/company/strategy
Henkel delivers very strong performance in the first half year – double-digit growth in organic sales and earnings
- Group sales show organic growth of +11.3 percent to around 10 billion euros (nominal +4.7 percent), driven by all business units and regions
- Operating profit* rises to 1,430 million euros, +20.1%
- EBIT margin* increased to 14.4%, +1.9 percentage points
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)* grow by+22.4% to 2.40 euros, +30.1% at constant exchange rates
- Good progress in all areas of purposeful growth agenda
- Outlook for fiscal year 2021 updated: higher sales growth with unchanged earnings guidance
- Organic sales growth: +6.0 to +8.0 percent (previously: +4.0 to +6.0 percent)
- EBIT margin*: 13.5 to 14.5 percent (previously: 14.0 to 15.0 percent)
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS) *: Increase in the high single-digit to mid-teens percentage range at constant exchange rates (unchanged)
Henkel invests in material science focused fund in China
Henkel Adhesive Technologies further strengthens its corporate venture capital activities by investing in the third fund of Richland Capital (Richland Capital Fund III), Beijing, China. Richland Capital is a leading investment firm for emerging technology in China, focusing on investments in advanced materials, high-end manufacturing equipment and digital technologies as well as digital business models. As limited partner of the fund Henkel will strengthen its access to the fast-growing start-up-scene in China which has become a global hotspot for material science in recent years.