Henkel operates globally with a well-balanced and diversified portfolio. The company holds leading positions with its three business units in both industrial and consumer businesses thanks to strong brands, innovations and technologies. Founded in 1876, Henkel looks back on more than 140 years of success. Henkel’s preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX. The DAX-40 company has its headquarters in Düsseldorf, Germany. Henkel employs more than 52,000 people worldwide, around 85 percent of whom work outside of Germany. As a recognized leader in sustainability, Henkel holds top positions in many international ratings and rankings.
Our company purpose expresses what unites us all at Henkel: Pioneers at heart for the good of generations. We are a diverse team of about 53,000 colleagues worldwide, striving to enrich and improve life every day through our products, services, and solutions. Our Purpose is built from our roots and carries a long-standing legacy of innovation, responsibility, and sustainability into the future. Our shared values and Leadership Commitments guide our decisions and actions every day.
At Henkel, we shape our future guided by a long-term strategic framework based on our purpose and our values.
This framework will help us to win the 20s for Henkel with a clear focus on purposeful growth. This means creating superior customer and consumer value to outgrow our markets, reinforcing our leadership in sustainability and enabling our employees to grow, professionally and personally, through their work at Henkel.
The main elements of our strategic framework are a winning portfolio, competitive edge in the areas of innovation, sustainability and digital as well as future-ready operating models, underpinned by a strong foundation of a collaborative culture and empowered people.
For more information on the strategic framework go to https://www.henkel.com/company/strategy
Henkel delivers significant organic sales growth in the first quarter
- Group sales increase organically by +7.1 percent to around 5.3 billion euros; nominal +6.1 percent:
- Adhesive Technologies generates double-digit organic sales growth of +10.7 percent; nominal +11.6 percent
- Beauty Care with slightly negative organic sales development of -1.2 percent; nominal -3.5 percent, due to implementation of planned portfolio measures
- Laundry & Home Care records very strong organic sales growth of +4.9 percent; nominal +2.2 percent
- Emerging markets with double-digit sales growth, mature markets with strong growth
- Merger of Laundry & Home Care and Beauty Care business units into integrated multi-category platform Henkel Consumer Brands:
- Strengthening growth momentum and margin profile in the consumer business
- Significant synergies: around 500 million euros gross savings targeted in the mid term
- First phase of measures to be implemented by the end of 2023: around 250 million euros annualized net savings expected, around 2,000 jobs affected worldwide
- Portfolio measures for businesses with total annual sales of up to 1 billion euros under review
- Outlook for fiscal 2022 updated on April 29
- Clear commitment to mid- to long-term financial ambition
Henkel achieves significant organic sales growth in the first quarter and updates full-year guidance for 2022
- Group sales increase organically by +7.1 percent to around 5.3 billion euros
- Adhesive Technologies: double-digit organic growth of +10.7 percent
- Beauty Care: slight organic decline of -1.2 percent
- Laundry & Home Care: very strong organic growth of +4.9 percent
- Updated outlook for fiscal 2022 – extraordinarily strong rising costs for direct materials & logistics and significant effects from the exit of business activities in Russia and Belarus expected
- Organic sales growth: +3.5 to +5.5 percent
- Adjusted return on sales (EBIT margin)*: between 9.0 and 11.0 percent
- Adjusted earnings per preferred share (EPS)* at constant exchange rates: decline in the range from -35 to -15 percent