Circular Economy:How Henkel plans to foster a circular economy across its entire value chain
Packaging materials like plastic have many advantages, but their omnipresence has created a new set of challenges for us. How can we promote a responsible use of plastic within a circular economy and combat the problem of plastic waste through recycling?
More stories on this topic
Climate Action:Our path to becoming climate-positive
It’s often the everyday things: flipping a light switch, turning on a hot shower or driving the car. These actions, large and small, are creating an overwhelming CO2 footprint. How does Henkel actively contribute to climate protection?
More stories on this topic
Innovation:Ideas that shape the market
Researching new technologies, surveying customers about their needs and habits, tracking social trends and developing innovation and creativity as a skill can’t be voluntary – they are all required. This is how Henkel always tries to be one step ahead.
More articles on this topic
Latest Press Releases
Henkel plans to merge Laundry & Home Care and Beauty Care to create new “Consumer Brands” business unit
- Creating one multi-category platform for growth with around 10 billion euros sales
- Continued optimization of consumer portfolio: clear focus on core brands and businesses with attractive growth and margin potential and a stronger basis for M&A across consumer space
- Significant synergies and efficiency gains expected through the combination
- Launch of share buyback program of up to 1 billion euros: leverage strong balance sheet and cashflow, optimize the capital structure and signal strong confidence in the future potential for profitable growth
- Preliminary results for 2021 published: Organic sales growth (OSG) of +7.8 percent, EBIT margin* of 13.4 percent and earnings per preferred share* (EPS) growth of +9.2 percent (at constant exchange rates)
- Outlook for 2022: OSG: 2 to 4 percent, EBIT margin*: 11.5 to 13.5 percent, EPS* development: -15 to +5 percent (at constant exchange rates), reflecting high level of market uncertainty and volatility
- New mid- to long-term financial ambition for Henkel: OSG of 3 to 4 percent, EBIT margin* of around 16 percent and mid- to high-single-digit percentage EPS* growth (at constant exchange rates, incl. M&A)
Henkel’s E-Mobility business unit establishes a strategic partnership with PEM Motion
Henkel has entered a strategic partnership with RWTH Aachen University’s Production Engineering of E-Mobility Components (PEM Motion GmbH) to collaborate on research projects in the field of e-mobility. By building a strong partnership between industry and academia, the organizations will pioneer next generation battery technologies, explore material requirements for their realization and in the development of safer and more sustainable batteries. The cooperation agreement was signed at Henkel’s Inspiration Center in Düsseldorf on February 4, by Dr. Christoph Deutskens, CEO of PEM Motion, Professor Achim Kampker, head of the chair “Production Engineering of E-Mobility Components” (PEM) of RWTH Aachen University and Partner at the spin-off PEM Motion, and George Kazantzis, Corporate Vice President Adhesive Technologies, Automotive Components at Henkel.
Henkel presents Martha Schwarzkopf Award for Women in Science
Henkel is launching a new research award – the Martha Schwarzkopf Award for Women in Science. The application phase starts today, at the “International Day of Women and Girls in Science”. Female researchers with a background in natural sciences, medicine or computer sciences can apply with a project in the field of hair research or a related area of research and have the chance to win a prize money of 10,000 euros.
Henkel to acquire Shiseido’s Hair Professional business in Asia-Pacific
- Attractive portfolio with strong and successful premium brands
- Step-change for Hair Professional business in Asia-Pacific
- Henkel becomes one of the leading players in dynamic growth region
- Trademark licensing of SHISEIDO PROFESSIONAL Brand by Shiseido
- Shiseido to retain 20 percent share in Japanese entity to support business growth