Latest Press Releases
Henkel delivers significant organic sales growth in the first quarter
- Group sales increase organically by +7.1 percent to around 5.3 billion euros; nominal +6.1 percent:
- Adhesive Technologies generates double-digit organic sales growth of +10.7 percent; nominal +11.6 percent
- Beauty Care with slightly negative organic sales development of -1.2 percent; nominal -3.5 percent, due to implementation of planned portfolio measures
- Laundry & Home Care records very strong organic sales growth of +4.9 percent; nominal +2.2 percent
- Emerging markets with double-digit sales growth, mature markets with strong growth
- Merger of Laundry & Home Care and Beauty Care business units into integrated multi-category platform Henkel Consumer Brands:
- Strengthening growth momentum and margin profile in the consumer business
- Significant synergies: around 500 million euros gross savings targeted in the mid term
- First phase of measures to be implemented by the end of 2023: around 250 million euros annualized net savings expected, around 2,000 jobs affected worldwide
- Portfolio measures for businesses with total annual sales of up to 1 billion euros under review
- Outlook for fiscal 2022 updated on April 29
- Clear commitment to mid- to long-term financial ambition
Henkel at Fachpack 2022: Creating the sustainable packaging of tomorrow
Henkel is proud to be participating in Fachpack 2022 in Nuremberg, Germany from September 27-29. The trade show brings together key players from across the European packaging supply chain and this year will focus on “Transition in Packaging” – a theme of special importance to Henkel. As a key partner to the packaging industry, Henkel is supporting its customers in achieving their sustainability goals by enabling a circular economy for packaging via reduced material and energy consumption and greater recyclability. At Stand 108, Hall 1, Henkel will be showcasing a portfolio of adhesive solutions that address the breadth of packaging challenges: This includes a carbon-negative bio-based adhesive and low application temperature hot melt adhesives from the Technomelt range, and innovative solutions that reduce plastic waste through multipack gluing and palletizing.
Henkel invests in technology start-up Direct-C
Henkel Adhesive Technologies strengthens its capabilities for predictive maintenance solutions by investing in Direct-C LTD (Direct-C), Edmonton, Canada. The company has developed a sophisticated sensor technology for the early detection of hydrocarbon leakages. With the investment Henkel aims to further expand its maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) business and to drive the implementation of innovative digital applications.
Henkel to exit its business in Russia
Against the background of the current developments of the war in Ukraine, Henkel has decided to exit its business activities in Russia. The execution process is now being prepared. Henkel will work closely with its teams in Russia on the details to ensure an orderly process. In the meantime, Henkel’s 2,500 employees in Russia will continue to be employed and paid. The expected financial impact for Henkel resulting from the planned exit cannot be quantified at this time.