How Henkel plans to foster a circular economy across its entire value chain
Latest Press Releases
Henkel delivers significant organic sales growth in the first quarter
- Group sales increase organically by +7.1 percent to around 5.3 billion euros; nominal +6.1 percent:
- Adhesive Technologies generates double-digit organic sales growth of +10.7 percent; nominal +11.6 percent
- Beauty Care with slightly negative organic sales development of -1.2 percent; nominal -3.5 percent, due to implementation of planned portfolio measures
- Laundry & Home Care records very strong organic sales growth of +4.9 percent; nominal +2.2 percent
- Emerging markets with double-digit sales growth, mature markets with strong growth
- Merger of Laundry & Home Care and Beauty Care business units into integrated multi-category platform Henkel Consumer Brands:
- Strengthening growth momentum and margin profile in the consumer business
- Significant synergies: around 500 million euros gross savings targeted in the mid term
- First phase of measures to be implemented by the end of 2023: around 250 million euros annualized net savings expected, around 2,000 jobs affected worldwide
- Portfolio measures for businesses with total annual sales of up to 1 billion euros under review
- Outlook for fiscal 2022 updated on April 29
- Clear commitment to mid- to long-term financial ambition
Henkel to exit its business in Russia
Against the background of the current developments of the war in Ukraine, Henkel has decided to exit its business activities in Russia. The execution process is now being prepared. Henkel will work closely with its teams in Russia on the details to ensure an orderly process. In the meantime, Henkel’s 2,500 employees in Russia will continue to be employed and paid. The expected financial impact for Henkel resulting from the planned exit cannot be quantified at this time.
Schneider Electric and Henkel collaborate to accelerate decarbonization across the supply chain
Long-time customer-supplier partners Henkel and Schneider Electric, both global leaders in sustainability, have worked together for many years to drive progress toward the shared goal of decarbonization. Schneider Electric has been leading decarbonization efforts, targeting an achievement of net zero CO2 emissions for 100% of its operations (scope1, 2) by 2030. Henkel has a similar corporate goal — to be climate-positive by 2030.
Authentic Beauty Concept launches a new generation of their Refill Bar
After a successful pilot phase, Authentic Beauty Concept is launching a new generation of its “Refill Bar” – a refill system that helps to create a more circular economy and offers many benefits for the environment, customers and salons.